Our Policies for Conducting Patient Appointments During the Covid-19 Pandemic
– The risk posed by this virus is extremely low to most people.
– Nevertheless we are taking strict precautions to minimise the risk of any spread that could occur as a result of people visiting the practice.
– We want to be clear that we cannot guarantee a zero-risk environment as this is simply not possible.
– The clinic will be taking chiropractic bookings but, unfortunately, we cannot open the massage department quite yet as per public health advice.
– We cannot accept any patients who are currently showing any symptoms of infection with SARS-CoV-2 or who have been in contact with anyone who has within the last 2 weeks.
– We will not be accepting appointments for people in “high risk” groups, as determined by the advice from the department of health. A list of these people can be found on this page. Please discuss this with your practitioner if you are unsure.
– We strongly advise against visiting if you live with a relative in a high risk group. While the risk is extremely small, we do not feel it is a risk worth taking until we understand more about this virus.
– We will accept appointments for patients deemed at “moderate risk” on a case-by-case basis; a list of relevant conditions can also be found on this page.
– If you are a healthcare worker we can make an exception as we want to support your work with people affected by this virus – we will take extra precautions and these will be discussed with you when we arrange your appointment.
– There will be no receptionist for the time being and appointments, bookings and payments will all be taken care of by your chiropractor.
– There are multiple hand sanitiser dispensers around the clinic, at least one in every room in use. Our hand sanitiser gel contains 70% alcohol and aloe vera, to kill the virus while providing some protection to the skin.
– Please avoid touching any items or surfaces unless absolutely necessary.
– Our practitioners have all been provided with face masks and plastic aprons. Gloves are not indicated and the scientific evidence does not support their use in this situation. Close adherence to handwashing and sanitising advice is the most effective measure.
– All our masks are single use and disposable. We have both single use aprons and re-usable PVC aprons – if the practitioner elects to use a PVC one, it will be sterilised between each visit.
– We can provide a mask and plastic apron for our patients if requested.
– All regularly touched surfaces and clinical equipment will be sterilised in between each visit.
– We have changed our appointment scheduling to minimise the risk of any two patients (or more) being in any of the communal areas of the clinic at any one time (we have staggered the times to avoid this).
– Please do not arrive early for your appointment as this increases the risk of in-person contact between two patients. We are not intending for our reception to be in use as a waiting area for the time being.
– Please avoid bringing anyone with you for your appointment unless absolutely necessary (for example a translator or carer).
– We still require a parent or guardian to attend with any patient under 16 due to child protection regulations stipulated by the General Chiropractic Council.
This group includes people with the following:
Previous organ transplant
Undergoing chemotherapy or antibody treatment for cancer, including immunotherapy